Wednesday 18 June 2014

Monochromatic Tag

I love love love the vibrant colours of the Dylusions sprays so I wanted to make something really bright and cheerful.
  • I sprayed the ink onto some watercolour card. Then cut out a tag shape. What I've decided to do is a few different tags for different challenges and then use them to make a card when I need one or I might even display them in my home.
  • I love poppies and also my great nieces' middle name is Poppy so any excuse to use poppies in my designs suits me down to the ground. But I think this tag is a little too old for her at the moment, she is only 6 months old! Lol.
  • I stamped the poppies onto smooth card, embossed, cut them out and coloured them with distress inks and marker. Also I edged them with the green marker.
  • Stamped the saying and edged with the marker
  • I placed them on the tag but they looked a little lost and didn’t stand out so I sprayed a couple of pages from an old book and stuck the poppies and saying to them.
  • Carefully I tore around them and also edged them with the green.
  • I placed them on the tag and liked them much better.
  • Using the fine nib end of the marker I drew along the edge of the tag. I had seen this done on a card on Pinterest and thought it looked really effective.
  • Stuck them to the tag but I thought something was missing so added the ribbon to the bottom of the tag and also through the hole.

I can't make up my mind whether to put any more embellishments on it or not. For the moment I'm going to leave it as it is but when I put it on a card I can then add something to correspond with person who is receiving it.

Materials used
Dylusions spray - bubblegum pink, fresh lime
Distress ink - picked raspberry
Distress marker - crushed olive.
Wow embossing powder - ultra shimmer

From my stash -
Watercolour card, pva glue, pink organza ribbon, old reading book


Challenge entered;

5 comments:

  1. Love the colourway, thank you for joining us in the Indigoblu challenge this month. Good luck.
    NIkki K. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag ..... the bright colours look fab. Thanks for joining in with the IndigoBlu challenge. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bright and beautiful tag here. Thanks for joining us at IndigoBlu. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful entry thank you for entering our indigoBlu challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apologies for my lateness in commenting. Thanks for your IndigoBlu Challenge entry
    P xx

    ReplyDelete