The technique I have used is by Tim Holtz. Challenges are; PanPastels - Inspired by Tim, Thats Crafty use stencils, masks or templates, I've used my own stencil made with the silhouette cameo. The Craft Barn a quote with the words IMAGINATION & LOGIC, I found on the internet for challenge.
· Start by tapping distress inks on my stencil.
· Misted the inked stencil with water so to react the distress inks.
Placed it on to watercolour cardstock. Tim's instructions - While the stencil is on the cardstock, press down over the entire design using a paper towel to print the colour as well as immediately absorb any ink that might seep out inside the stencil openings.
· TOP TIP don’t use a stencil that has a tacky surface that helps it stay in place because i had inked the other side so when I placed it on the cardstock my fingers kept sticking to the stencil so I wasn’t able to press on it to achieve a clear pattern!
· Lift the stencil off, dried with a heat tool.
· I Cut the cardstock to fit the tag and distressed the edges with PanPastels
· I used the same stencil. Used Versamark and dusted on PanPastels then adhered watercolour cardstock to the tag.
· Stamp the dragonflies using black archival ink.
· Then I stamped the dragonflies a second time on the watercolour cardstock and cut them out. I didn’t have to colour then as there was some colour from the previous stencilling so that's where I stamped them.
· Wrote the quote, then cut them out separately and coloured with distress ink then adhered along side of the dragonflies, slightly bending the wings to create dimension.
· Embellished with a small butterfly on a head pin and curled the wire using my pocky tool.
· I Applied distress inks to craft sheet and Misted the inks with water
· Cut 2 pieces of ribbon and rubbed them into the inks until covered.
· Dried with a heat tool.
· Tim's description of the bow - Start by inserting the short ribbon through the hole in the tag.
· Take the longer ribbon and secure one end under your thumb.
· Wrap the remaining ribbon around your fingers until you run out.
· Slide the loop of ribbon from your fingers and pinch in the centre to hold. Place the loop on to the top of the tag and tie the short ribbon around the loops to hold. Tie again to create a knot.
· My doesn’t look as good as his because he used crinkle ribbon and I haven’t got any so made do with satin ribbon which didn’t absorb the inks a good as crinkle ribbon.
That's something else on my 'I WANT' list of craft goodies!!
Stencil - made with my silhouette cameo
Distress inks - crushed olive. Spiced marmalade, picked raspberry.
Archival ink - black
PanPastels - pink, green, orange.
Viva decor 3D glitter stamp paint - silver.
Papermania rubber stamps - dragonflies
From my stash