Saturday 12 July 2014

Roses on the Horizon



This felt like my hardest challenge. I couldn’t really think of any techniques for this one.
My mind has been a little distracted this past two weeks with the diagnosis I got from my knee operation, thankfully everything went ok. I will leave a short post about my experience.
After racking my brain I came up with this design. I thought 'right' just get some materials out and go with it! My only problem is I want to use all my crafting stash all at the same time; I have too many mediums to choose from! I'm sure there are many of you out there with the same problem. No not problem but CHOICE.
·         Firstly I applied metallic PanPastels to card, the card at first seemed too smooth and the colour wasn’t as vibrant as I wanted but eventually I achieved a good coverage, it did help when I switched my daylight lamp on and saw the shine! Lol
·         I randomly stamped the large rose with Versamark and brushed PanPastels over it, repeating with a smaller rose and different colour of pastel.
·         In my stash I had some shaped card so i used that for the quote. I applied Versamark all over it then brushed on PanPastels but was left with lines where the pad had been placed so using the splat/blot stamps I randomly stamped them all over the card. I didn’t apply any PanPastels to these because as I stamped it pulled some of the colour off and I liked the effect.
·         I wrote the quote freehand.
·         Back to the background, I randomly stamped splat/blot stamps with Versamark between the roses. The stamps somehow managed to pick up some of the magenta PanPastels so that when I stamped them on the card it left a faded purple look which I actually really liked so left it like that. My Versamark pad is a little grubby to say the least. I must have had it a few years now and it's still going strong and I've used it loads of times.
·         I ruffed up the edges of the background and quote and stuck the quote onto the background.
·          
Materials used
PanPastels - phthalo green, magenta shade, metallic's
Versamark
Nikki Hall stamps - roses
From my stash -
Super smooth card
Soft brush

Challenges entered;



6 comments:

  1. This turned out gorgeous. I really enjoyed how you arrived at the completed project, and your choice of colors. Add to that, a very nice quote, and you have a stunning challenge piece for the CB challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do understand your predicament... we have so much choice we are overwhelmed! As it happens I have used Versamark and pastels and got the same 2nd generation stamping with the pastel lifted off the card, in my entry to the challenge. So, of course, I am already sold on your page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quote and am glad you had 'learning' experiences while making your stunning page. Sometimes, as you say you just have to start your page and see where it takes you - yours to a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your page is beautiful and the colours all look so pretty together :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great choice of quote and you have created a lovely background for it.

    ReplyDelete