Thursday 28 September 2017

Shine Out










metallic glaze applied on top of paint

metallic glaze mixed with paint

My inspiration for this project was a blog post by Jennie Atkinson and Leandra's Metallics video .
I started by gluing scraps of embossed paper to a 12 inch square card as i want to display this in a 3D frame. Also die cut scooter.
Applied black gesso all over.
After watching the video i mixed the metallic glaze with the colours i had chosen. I did a couple of layers but disappointed that the metallic wasn't shining! Then i realised that the metallic being a glaze was meant to be applied over the top of the paint like a glaze. Lesson to self read the label and the answer will be there!!!
Stamped with paint then covered all the background with metallic glaze.
Printed some photos of me when i was a teenager. I'm planning to incorporate photos of my early years as a punk, skinhead and scooterist because I've had so many different hair and clothing styles and i want to be able to show my great nephews and niece what it was like in ‘My Day’. I'm  jealous that these days bright pink or blue hair is ‘normal’ because back in the day some people thought i was ‘weird’.
Using mini clips and screw head brads to hold the photos in place so i am able to change them at a later date.
Lastly added some embellishments and mounted into a 12 inch frame.


Materials used;
Paperartsy Fresco Paints - south pacific, tango, green patina, metallic glaze.
Paperartsy Stamps - ZA01, ELB31
Black gesso
Mini clips, brads, die cut embellishments.


Challenge entered;

No comments:

Post a Comment