Friday 3 February 2017

Tangerine Dream





Hello, it's been a while since I've been on my blog. I've decided I'm going to cut down on the writing as it's the bit of the process I least enjoy so that hopefully I will blog more!
The blog post that inspired me was by Jennie Atkinson .







  • ·         Decorate grey board ring binder from my stash.
  • ·         Prepared the surface with white gesso.
  • ·         Scrapped grunge paste randomly.
  • ·         Glued various clay leaves, feathers, and owl. Plastic flowers and gems. Rose already made from a zip. Brass light bulb.
  • ·         Sprinkled on infusions until I was happy with the effect. I got carried away and did the back of the binder too. Love the infusions they are so fascinating to watch the colours split when spritzed with water.
  • ·         Mixed infusions with gloss medium and brushed onto the flowers. Using my finger I applied the remaining gloss/infusion mix as a highlight to the rest of the design.
  • ·         Stamped with the paints in various places and around the 'DREAM'. The remaining paint I applied with my finger to the metal label tag.
  • ·         Attached and filled in DREAM with glossy accents. Left it dry.
  • ·          Filled a small glass vial with glitter.
  • ·         Using glossy accents stuck the DREAM label and vial the front of the binder.

Materials used;
Paperartsy   Infusions - Orange, Blackcurrant. JOFY .... Fresco Paint - Tango, Orchid.
Glossy Accents.
Air dry clay.


Challenge Entered;

16 comments:

  1. The Infusions look awesome on the background! I love the 3D embellishments and clusters, makes me want to play...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, it's been a while since I blogged but I'm so pleased I did as I've missed the crafty community. So pleased it makes you want to play. Xx

      Delete
  2. Its fabulous Jane. glad that you blogged!. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouraging comment. I've missed the blog community so I'm determined to blog regularly. Xx

      Delete
  3. This is SO COOL! I love your gorgeous design. I could kick myself for not buying a similar journal yesterday now. LOL! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thank you for your comment you've made my day! I've now got a few journals but not much in them yet! I could fill one full of infusion backgrounds cos once I start with them I can't stop! Then I have to mop up all that's gone on my craft sheet lol. Xx

      Delete
  4. Brilliant background, the black currant is one of my favourites! This would make a fab present for a teenage girl --- not that you'd want to part with it. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jane (what a brilliant name,lol), thank you for your comment. I love all the infusions but black currant is my favourite too. I don't think I could part with it, I would have to make another one n another n another, lol. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see the infusions used so effectively. I cannot get on with them or Brushos. The results are to unpredictable for me !! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah, thank you for taking time to comment it means so much to me. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project, I love infusions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thank you for your comment, means a lot to me. Xx

      Delete
  9. Fabulous use of the Infusions! and a fabulous project too. So pleased to have inspired you! Jennie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment n the inspiration too. I will certainly be a regular visitor to your blog especially the flower tutorials. Xx

      Delete
  10. Love the Infusion colours and your binder looks beautiful. Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete