Tuesday, 24 May 2016


I love doodling, usually when I'm on the phone on scraps of paper. I couldn't use them for this challenge as they have notes or shopping lists on them! Lol. 
I'm going to try and remember to doodle in a book and then I can use them in my crafting. 

I was inspired by Laura Bomber .  The word texture got me thinking. I love using 3D glue and making flourishes and random dots/pearls but not really making anything with them! 
Firstly I used the infusion powders, I just love love love how the walnut stain appears along side the vibrant pigment colour. I got carried away with my infusions and have ended up doing loads of backgrounds which I will be using in future projects. 
It was then really hard to choose a background for my project. In the end I had to do eeny meeny mineny mo! Lol. Eventually I doodled dandelions. 
I found a tube of puff paint and used that to add some dimension to the dandelion heads. 
Then I stamped and embossed the mushrooms, cut it out and coloured with infusion powders and what ever was left behind on my glass mat! 
To stick the mushrooms on the background I used 3D gel. 
Trimmed my card to a size I was happy with, then mounted on to black card. 

Material used: 
Paperartsy Infusions Blackcurrent, JOFY 37 
Tulip Puff paint, 
Materials from my stash: 
Embossing powder 

Challenge entered; 

Saturday, 14 May 2016

2016 Topic 9: Mono Printing - Petal Power

I will be totally honest I'm not a fan of the gelli plate! The project I have designed is using some Gelli prints I did a while ago and most of them seem to be orange! I craft on the dining room table which isn't ideal and the problem I found is I needed lots of space for paint, stencils and prints. I’m going to invest in one of the tiny Gelli plates and use it like a stamp. 
I got my inspiration from the challenge page. 
Firstly I painted over an old canvas. I liked how the previous design gave it texture. 
Gathered together a bundle of prints I had previously designed and picked out ones of similar colour 
Next I die cut the petals. It's a good job I took a photo of the prints before I started as when I applied pearlising medium the print became a little lost!. 
Used stamp to edge the petals and also a pen to define the edges. 
Arranged and stuck them on the canvas with 3D gel to give height and shadow. 
Added 3D glue and glitter for the centre of the flower. 

Materials used; 
Paperartsy stamps JOFY37 
Gelli plate, 
Various paint, 
Bigz die, 
Archival black ink, 
Nuvo drops, 
Distress stickles 

Challenge entered;