Friday, 7 August 2015

Paperartsy - 2015 Topic 14: Flowers




Firstly I want to say a big thank you to PaperArtsy as I won the last challenge topic 13 TIME. I couldn't believe my look. I haven't been entering the challenges for long but I had been reading it for months before I plucked up courage to enter! With the prize money I picked out 2 JOFY stamp sets then put the money to ELB22 so I had to use them all for this challenge, lol. There are loads more that I would like to own but will have to build up my stash slowly. Leandra was really helpful when I rang in my order and we had a natter. 
Next day my stamps arrived! Yippee!  

For the base of my design I stuck different types of ripped up pieces of paper with mod podge onto thick card. I got the inspiration for this technique from Anneke de Clerck .
Next I dry brushed white paint on top. 
I applied watered down fresco paints to the top of the canvas and let them drip down. Doing them one at a time, allowing them to dry before applying the next colour. 

stamped quite a few the mushroom n flowers on tissue so I had plenty to choose from then embossed them with glitter wow powder.  
Coloured them in with Fresco paints and fussy cut them out. If I had painted within the lines I could have roughly cut around them which would have been much easier! 
I cut the background in half as my plan is to eventually make them into cards. Once I had decided which stamped images I wanted I applied mod podge on the background and gently placed the tissue down ( I did rip a few so it was a good job there was plenty ) then applied mod podge over the top. 
I embossed some flowers on heat resistant acetate theadded clear glitter glue on the reverse side. Once dry I cut them out and stuck them on with Pinflare for a 3D effect then used teal PVA glue for the centresI got the idea from Lauren Hatwell.
The flowers and mushrooms needed grounding. So on the left one I applied grunge paste, once dry I dry brushed green over it.  
On the right one I mixed green in with the grunge paste. Then on both of them I used alcohol pens to give depth. 
Hopefully it looks like grass!!! 
Stamped around the top edge of both backgrounds with teal Stazon. 
Ruffed up the edges and distressed with ink. 

Lastly I couldn't forget my favourite stamp the caterpillar, stamped him with Stazon and coloured with paint, clear glitter and 3D glue. 

Materials used; 
Paperartsy stamps – ELB22, JOFY38, JOFY37, JOFY24. 
Fresco paints – Yellow Submarine, Beach Hut, Orchid.
Paperartsy grunge paste. 
Stazon – Teal. 
Mod Podge Matt. 
Cosmic Shimmer Teal Sky PVA. 

From my stash; 
Thick white card. 
Various papers. 
Heat resistant acetate. 
Alcohol pens. 

Challenge entered; PaperArtsy 2015-topic14-Flowers