Thursday 26 June 2014

Proud

I love this quote. 
I've just got a 6x6 Gelli Plate and I'm proud with my first attempts.
When I got my Gelli I couldn’t wait to use it. I got out all my stencils, embossing folders, magic stamps (I them made a few weeks ago. Mainly using embossing folders and silicone moulds), most of my acrylic paint, brayer, paper and card.
Once I started I couldn’t stop. I will write a separate post about my Gelli experience.
This is going to be a short post cos my mind is on other things because I'm having a knee operation tomorrow (27/06/14).
·         Firstly I chose which print I liked best.
·         Cut and glued them to card and then on a page in my journal.
·         The ticket ribbon I cut ages ago and thought it would look ok.
·         Printed quote edged with ink.
·         Glued to the page.

Materials used
Gelli plate
Acrylic paint - deco-art, jo-sonja and numerous other brands. Anything I could get my hands on!!! Lol
Silhouette cameo
Distress ink
Card
PVA glue

Challenge entered


9 comments:

  1. I love the colours and different textures you acheieved with your new toy :)
    Good luck for tomorrow, I wish you a speedy recovery :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Gelli plate - problem is you create so much stuff and then have to use it somehow! Love your colours. Best wishes for the op.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An interesting sentiment and looks like you had fun with the gelli plate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the Knee op. goes well. great background and thought provoking quote. Have a good weekend - hope you are mobile and pain free soon hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous background! The Gelli sounds fun... Good luck with the op, wishing you a prompt recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great sentiment and yo obviously had fun with the gelli plate! It is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, I hope your knee surgery went well, and second I'm glad you like your gelli. I wanted one for over three years, finally got one and am not that thrilled with it. LOVE what you did, though. It's very inspiring, as is the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope all went well with your op. Love your Gelli background. love playing on the gelli plate too , so addictive

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopefully you're recovering ok from your operation.
    Their should be a warning on the gelli plate package because it is so addictive lol.

    ReplyDelete