I really like PanPastels mixed in a texture paste because it's so easy to blend them together.
So when I saw That's Crafty blog wanted texture in there challenge and PanPastels wanted 'man' as the theme I thought the 2 go together and the quote 'mistake' used for the Craft Barn challenge seemed so fitting because we learn from our mistakes.
Sometimes the mistakes we make in crafting can work out ok.
But also I'm sure we have all made mistakes with the male species!!! Lol.
- Firstly I used distress inks with a stencil to begin the 1st layer of the background.
- I then mixed the PanPastels with the gel and used with various stencils.
- To add a little interest I used some acetate packaging and applied PanPastels mixed into the paste using stencils. Cut with decorative scissors. Edged with paint.
- I got a quote off the internet. Copied it into my CraftArtist and used a font I really like.
- Printed it. Cut with decorative scissors. Edged with paint.
- Stuck the acetate to the page, then the quote.
Voila a 'man' textured quote!
Stencils - crafters workshop, Debbi Moore, Stamps Away, my own made with the Silhouette Cameo.
PanPastels - permanent green shade, bright yellow green, turquoise shade, turquoise.
Texture paste - Maimeri matt gel.
Distress Inks - black soot, faded jeans, rusty hinge.
Fiskars - decorative scissors.