Friday 29 January 2016

Purple Heart!




Purple Heart!
This will be another short blog post as I'm still struggling with the trapped nerve in my neck which is affecting my right arm/hand. Thankfully I am positively responding to physio and acupuncture.
I had this idea whilst sat waiting for my bloods being taken at the hospital, as you could say it's a bleeding heart, lol. The inspiration came from a mixture of the art work on the challenge post, link below.
I’m not a fan of red so decided on purple.
1. Used a brayer for the background and also stamped.
2. Sketched a heart in pencil. Painted with diluted purple and pearl so that I could get a sense of texture and the drips from the heart.
3. Wrote the lyrics from one of my favourite bands I loved in my youth.
4. Inked around the edges and added a freehand line to frame the heart.

Materials used;
Paperartsy Fresco paint – Spanish Mulberry,Orchid. Stamp ELB22.
Distress ink – Seedless Preserves.
Pearl paint
Black pigment pen.
Stamping card.

Challenge entered;
paperartsy.co.uk 


3 comments:

  1. Your freehand heart with drips looks good! Hoep you get better ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you for kind words. My crafting mojo is a little depleted at the moment so just knowing you have taken time to comment n Encouraging words means so much. Xxx

      Delete