Thursday, 31 March 2016

2016 Topic 6 Liquid Sculpting Medium - LILY


When I first saw the title of this challenge thought OMG this is something I've never done before, where do I start! No fear Leandra here! Lol. If it hadn't been for Leandra's introduction I wouldn't have realised that I've actually used this method!! Here's the link to my inspiration  Eleanor Swan which is the very last photo on the challenge post. 
Introducing Terial Magic here's a link about the product. I purchased mine a few weeks ago and first used it with pieces of scrap silk, I followed the instructions then die cut a flower. It worked but the silk was not stiff enough to make a 3D flower. I think I was a little 'tight’ with product.  
So when making this flower I sprayed on more of the Terial liquid. I did a few pieces of material just in case some didn't work. The silk was easy to die cut but too floppy to make into something 3D, the thin cotton I was able to print straight onto (just trimmed to size  then positioned it in the printers paper tray and voilà it worked, the possibilities are endless. See photos above.), the thicker cotton I used for this project seemed to have more stiffness to it. A little disappointed with the results as not impressive as their video shows. 
Once die cut I used my new zig paint pens to add colour to the petals, note to self! Material is not the ideal medium for paint pens!  
I then pushed florists wire through the centres of the petals. Formed a loop at one end, catching in the stamen. They were a little too floppy so applied glossy accents to the base of them to give them some support. Also sprayed the petals with spray n shine to help keep them in shape. Terial magic turns back to the original texture once it is washed so if there is any moisture in the air I presume the petals will wilt. 
To make the wire stem thicker I wrapped it with kitchen foil then washi tape. 
I decorated the vase with flowers using the same cotton as the lily. I stamped and embossed them then added colour with the paint pens and 3D glue for the centres. 
I really enjoyed exploring this new product, it is something I would use again. I was very impressed with being able to use it in my printer. Next I need to try it with my Silhouette Curio! 
I'm still having problems with neck pain and my right arm is painful with numbness very limited mobility so I have to adapt my crafting to within my limits by doing little bits at a time. Which I find very frustrating as I want to carry on with a project but have to stop myself! I have to try and craft else I would not be able to cope with my illness. 

Materials used; 
PaperArtsy stamps JOFY 
Terial magic 
Zig paint pens 
Wow embossing powder 
Glossy Accents 
Crafters Companion Spray n Shine 
Bigz die - Lily 
Cotton fabric 

Challenge entered;