Thursday 15 May 2014

Antique Quote


I decided which quote I would use for the challenge.
I thought about what the wow challenge ANTQUE meant to me. It conjured up images of art deco, old, brown and rusty colours.
Now to start crafting.
  • I chose a digi background and then a digiboss so that i could have the embossed background look but not the bulk.
  • Designed tags with the quote written on them
  • Printed onto smooth paper. Cut and stuck to my journal page. 1st mistake! When i heat embossed the paper sort of bubbled up a bit! Obviously i should have stuck it down before embossing because the heat affected the glue!! I never learn because done this before!! Lol
  • Stamped and embossed background.
  • I coloured in the bee. I have embossed him in gold but it didn’t turn out too good because my ink pad was a little dry!
  • Stamped flower onto Kraft card and coloured in with distress pens. Cut it out.
  • Distress inked the edges of the page and around the flower.
  • Stuck flower and tags to the bumpy page.

Hopefully you can't really notice the bumpy page.

Materials used
CraftArtist software
Digiboss and digikits
Wow embossing powder gold, verdigris.
Versafine inkpad
Sheena Douglass stamps

Quote found on the internet

Challenges 
http://www.thecraftbarn.co.uk/blog/q-l-challenge-unique-fame/
http://wowembossingpowder.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/may-monthly-challenge-2014-and-winners.html

8 comments:

  1. The page has a really antique feeling to it, and a little bumpiness is all part of the charm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from The Craft Barn - Your page is fabulous Jane - and definitley unique and I'm sure it fits your antique challenge perfectly too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful page; love the background which gives the impression of lace. Beautiful image too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS Do you think you could please turn off the verification? It is so difficult to read the numbers/letters and puts folk off leaving comments :)

      Delete
    2. hi, i think i have managed to turn it off!. took me ages to find it but hopefully sorted. thanks for letting know, im new to all this but learning something new everyday. :)

      Delete
  4. I came from the Craft Barn, but the word "rust" caught my eye. I love rusty goodness, which makes anything quite antique. I also like the texture of this entry. It's truly unique!!

    I am editing this after not getting the words right THREE times. I hope the fourth time is a charm, now that I've added more words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely page in a rusty , antique style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for taking part in our challenge! :D

    http://wowembossingpowder.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/may-monthly-challenge-2014-and-winners.html

    ReplyDelete