- Packaging with a brilliant honeycomb structure, so ripped some of the top paper to expose the cells.
- Applied gesso so that my Fresco paint wouldn't soak right through the cardboard.
- Loaded a brayer with paint applied randomly layers of paint. I love how the texture is highlighted. Some areas of the background i used a baby wipe with paint to fill in some of the white areas in the honeycomb. Then letting the paint drip down the background.
- Using scraps of a cotton dressing square, twine I coloured with the paints and stuck down with binder.
- Painted some sequin waste and stuck that down with the binder. I used my heat gun to speed up drying time and not thing I melted some of the sequin waste!!! Not advisable as it gave of an awful smell!
- The air dry clay flowers came about because i was using up some clay that was drying out. I did make roses to start of with but I didn't feel they were right for this project. So i had a go at making flowers using hearts and circles, colouring the clay with paint. Once dry I added the same colour paint I used in the clay. The centres on some I added glitter and some a jade bead.
- Stamped into the clay and cut around the shape, once dry applied paint.
- Metallic glaze paint on the clay flowers and butterflies.
- Splattered with concrete.
- Finally used binder to give a glaze.
Seth Apter Fresco Paints - Key Lime, Green Patina, Mud Splat, Smoked Paprika.
Seth Apter stamps - ESA04
Paperartsy Fresco Paints - Concrete, Metallic Glaze.
Air dry clay