Thursday 3 April 2014

Doesn’t time fly!!!!!!

Hi, can't believe it's over a week since I blogged!
I have sort of been crafting this week. I say sort off cos most of the time i have been surrounded by torn paper!!!
I own a Silhouette Cameo which i have had for ages and haven’t used very much. so when the American Silhouette website had a half price sale on all cutting files I could resist ordering and downloading a few. Feeling enthusiastic and eager to cut and create. I choose a sunflower topiary tree!!!! Not the easiest task!
Taking in mind that I haven’t used the machine very much I now wish I had picked an easier project but like a dog with a bone I started to cut 90, yes 90 small sunflowers!!!

Here goes....
1st attempt paper ripped as it was cutting!!
2nd attempt paper stuck to the cutting mat so had to use a scrapper to get it off.
3rd attempt card too thick! I cut 3 times but when i took it off the cutting mat it still hadn’t cut through. So there was no way I was cutting by hand.
4th attempt success!!! Correct card and cut setting but wrong colour!!
It was kraft card so I spritzed them with cosmic shimmer spray golden fish. Life saver, lol. Then i stuck 3 together to make a total of 30 finished sunflowers.
I was then supposed to cut the centre of the flowers which were 0.5cm wide x 30cm long strips of paper scalloped on 1 side!
So instead I have put blobs of pva glue in the centre and sprinkled with black glitter. Another life saver lol
That's as far as I've got. I will post a photo when I have finished it.
I'm going to enter a few blog challengers this week too so I must knuckle down and concentrate on them for the time being.
We all have days when we lose our mojo and can't think what to make so I thought entering a challenge would inspire me to make something.
And it has so watch this space......
Tara for now

Jane xxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment