I chose this quote because I think it is quite fitting for me.
I suffer with fibromyalgia and endure constant pain all day every day for me the quote is so true, music doesn’t hurt when it hits you; it brings pleasure and a diversion to the pain.
- I opened a digikit with lots of music embellishments and saw the plectrum! I have always wanted to learn to play the guitar.
- I wrote the quote and resized it so it would sit inside the plectrum. When I was happy with the sizes I pressed save and printed it on smooth white card. Cut them out, matted with black card and sparkle medium applied with a very complex tool!!!! My finger lol.
- Applied the glue to a page and put the tissue on top ironing out any wrinkles with my hand.
- When the glue had dried I realised that i could see the brush marks through the tissue!!!!
- Decided to apply Versafine Spanish Moss. Looked a little better, so went with it, keeping fingers crossed it would look ok once the embellishments were in place.
- Designed a music note stencil on my silhouette. Cut it out on black card. I do have some stencil material but I like to cut my designs out on card so then I can use the 'waste' on one of my projects at a later date. I don’t like to do the same thing all of the time so by doing my stencils like this I don’t get any the same.
- Laid the stencil over the tissue, using a spatula applied sparkle medium.
- Glued the plectrums to my page and the 'waste' from my stencil.
CraftArtist 2 and digikit
Papermania printed tissue
Black card used as a stencil
Imaginations craft sparkle medium - silver
White card for printing
Mod Podge Matt glue
Versafine Spanish Moss
Challenge entered - http://www.thecraftbarn.co.uk/blog/q-l-challenge-passion-music/