Thursday 17 July 2014

Just a little note

My mind has been a little distracted the past 3 weeks and my crafting mojo has disappeared! Everything went ok with my knee operation but it was the diagnosis that floored me.
I watched the whole operation on the monitor and the anaesthetist and surgeon explained everything to me. It was very interesting I just wish they were talking about someone else's knee, Lol.
The outcome being that I have severe arthritis of the patella (knee bone) and the only treatment for this is a new knee operation!!!! This diagnosis blew me away; I seriously thought they could have repaired any damage during the arthroscopy.
Three weeks on and I'm coming to terms with the diagnosis. I see the surgeon again in about 3 weeks so that I can have a good chat about the next course of treatment. It's not going to be an easy decision as I have other musculoskeletal problems.
I have to keep telling myself that this is not going to beat me so I'm really pushing myself to craft as it helps with my self esteem and self worth.

I'm sure there are many of you out there that use crafting as a way of distraction from illness and to help fill those gaps of long drawn out days of emptiness and illness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment