Tuesday 19 August 2014

Blog Break!

It's been a while since I looked at my blog. I'm calling it my blog summer break as I don't have a holiday booked for this year!!
It doesn't mean I haven't been crafting. I've actually been very busy cos I got my new crafty toy the Sizzix Big Shot.
I know I have got my silhouette cameo but there are some limits to what materials you can cut. Obviously I didn't read the instructions and thought I didn't need any extra cutting plates but I've found out through trial and error I need the long cutting plates for the Sizzix longer dies and also a silicone mat. I tried using some silicone sheet I had but it's far too thin and doesn't give an embossed effect to the different materials I've used.
I watch Create and Craft a lot and thought I knew how to use the machine but it's surprising how much I can't remember lol.
I'm also trying to only buy dies with shapes I can't do on the silhouette but I can't resist all the beautiful dies out there in craft land. There is soooo much choice. I'm selling some of my craft stash I don’t use any more to pay for new dies! But needs must!
Crafting is such a good therapy to take my mind off my illness and it's so nice to receive compliments from people. I was told by a cognitive therapist a while ago that I must do something I enjoy every day to feel self worth and that's so true. I try everyday to do that. I would recommend this to anyone who is struggling with an illness that creeps up and starts to take over your life.
I have found the Sizzix is easy to turn, years ago I had a Cuttlebug and that harder to turn. It may have changed since I had one but that's why I choose the Sizzix it had such good reviews.
Any handy tips would be gratefully received, thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment