Indian summer for me sums up bright oranges, reds, pinks, purples n green.
For this challenge I have decorated a frame for my great niece's birthday. She will be 1 this Thursday. Her middle name is poppy so just crying out for me to use the poppy stamps.
· Firstly I painted an old picture frame with a mixture of red and orange satin acrylic paint. i wanted a mat finish so I mixed pantry white and it did the trick. I used cut n dry to apply the paint as this helps any problem of visible brush strokes. the paint blends easier with cut and dry, i put the 3 blobs of paint on a brown craft sheet and picked a little of each colour then press against the mat, this pushes the colour into the cut n dry. I had some paint left over so applied to some card to use for the stamps.
· You may be thinking the frame is orange! I changed my mind cos the red and orange didn’t compliment the photo so used acrylic orange and pantry white.
· I stamped the poppies with Versamark and embossed.
· Added more colour to them.
· Cut them out.
· Stuck them to the frame with PVA glue.
· Sprayed all of the frame and poppies to seal it.
Voila pretty frame for a pretty little girl.
Indigoblu stamps - Poppy Meadow.
Indigoblu - pantry white paint.
Embossing powder-Stampendous vintage mahogany tinsel.
Sizzix - Tattered Florals XL die
Darice embossing folder.
Sue Wilson butterfly die.
Wink of Stella violet, pink, black.
Crafters companion pink glitter spray varnish.
From my stash
Centura pearl green card.