Friday 20 March 2015

Dragonfly Frenzy





The cards and tag were shown on Create and Craft when I sent an email into them. I put in the email that tonic dies are 'no FAFF' dies but Dave the presenter said 'no NAFF' lol. I did email them again to correct it but they didn't read it out so I went on the FB tonic page and explained what had happened because NAFF means rubbish!!!

I'm so in love with the dragonfly die, it's a really good size and cuts like a dream every time.

Top card -
I used - Tonic Studios - Strip die beautiful buckle, Rococo  
Dragonfly die, Just for you pansy topper, Nuvo Crystal drops.

Middle card -
 I tried to do a technique called shutter or flip card. I can't find the video on You Tube but when I do I will add the link to it.
When you have watched the video or know what a shutter/flip card looks like you will notice that mine is different!
This is because I got muddled up with my cutting edge but I liked the outcome so I carried on making the card.
I used the embossing folder and then blended distress inks to achieve a leave colour.
With the dragonfly I heat embossed the wings.
Added leaves and butterflies.
The inside I used the dies, stamped MUM and added the drops
I used;
Tonic Studios - Rococo  Dragonfly die, Royal fern, Deco trellis base, Nuvo Crystal drops.
Crafters Companion - leaf textures embossing folder.
Sue Wilson - finishing touches dies - magical butterflies.

Tag -
I entered this in the wow embossing powders monthly challenge. I have written a more in depth post on how I made it.
I used;
WOW embossing powders.
Tonic Studios - Entwining trellis dies, Avante drawer deco, Rococo Dragonfly die.

Please feel free to leave a comment. I would love to hear from you. Especially if you have tried a technique but done it wrong.



No comments:

Post a Comment