Saturday, 23 May 2015

Paperarsty WORDS

I couldn’t wait to do this challenge as I had got my 1st lot (5 bottles) of fresco paints. I say 1st lot because I absolutely love them and will definitely be buying more colours. I ask myself why has it took me soooo long to get these paints? The answer being is I have absolutely loads of acrylic etc paints and why do I need more! I’m using the excuse now that my great nephews need my old paints!!!
One of the 1st blog postings by Alison Hall (blog paperartsy) inspired me to design something that included stamping on tissue and the stars she had stamped gave me the idea of die cutting butterflies from a book!
I wanted to try a few different techniques for this challenge. I look at the Paperartsy blog everyday (it is sent to my emails) and it is so inspiring. The only problem I have had is my crafting mojo has been on holiday for a few days! So what I did was a little each day. Taking photos so I could remember what I did, lol.

Firstly I painted on white card using orchid, Spanish mulberry, yellow submarine and tango,blending the colours in the middle.

I also bought the crackle medium so I read the instructions and applied it with a spatular. As you can see one half has a few cracks but the other half hasn’t! I think what I did wrong was I applied it but must have scrapped too much off. I need to practice.
With the stencils I used  cut and dry to apply my paints. Orchid first, then with the other colours I watered them down so that I didn’t totally cover the cracks.

Once dry I stamped through the stencil.

I dried the ink with my heat tool then positioned the stencils over the paint and used a white pen to outline.
Stamped on tissue, ripped it and then stuck it to the design with mod podge.

Die cut the butterflies and coloured with paint and stuck them on with mod podge.
Once everything was dry I applied a final coat of mod podge just to make sure nothing was going to start peeling away from the design.
I finished with matting on to kraft card.

I really enjoyed this challenge and trying new techniques. I really liked how I didn’t have to do everything in one go and able to wait for the old crafting mojo to return.

Materials used;
Paperartsy Fresco paints – orchid, yellow submarine, tango, Spanish mulberry, beach hut.
Paperartsy Crackle Medium.
Archival Ink – black
Clarity stencils – flower power, Jo’s bubbles.
Indigoblu stamps – Sarah’s choice.
Tonic Studios – butterfly and stamp die sets.

From my stash;
White and Kraft card.
White gel pen.

Challenge entered;