Sunday, 11 October 2015

PaperArtsy Challenge 18: Wearable Art.


I was so excited when I saw the theme ‘wearable art’. When I left school many moons ago I wanted to do fashion design course at college but when I went to the college to have a look what the course involved there seemed to be an awful lot of sewing (I had learnt the basics at home on a very old Singer sewing machine, the ones you had to turn the wheel!) But I  wanted to get straight stuck into designing on paper and play with material and textures! I so wish now that I had done it but I eventually ended up doing a YTS in engineering! I needed the money so I could go night clubbing and concerts! 
After reading the introduction to the challenge I had so many ideas. One of which was to stamp and colour a design on a t-shirt. 
But me and my family have had some upsetting news about my 4year old great nephew. He has a brain tumour don't know whether it is benign or malignant until we get the results.He has had shunt in situ and his headaches have gone. He is a brave little soldier and We all love him so much.

So as I haven't had much time left before the challenge ends.
I have made a pendant.
I was inspired by Lynne Moncrieff's post.
Firstly I rolled some paper clay into a ball,flattened with my had then pressed the flower die into it.
The first was,very thin and when I removed the die I  pressed a script stamp into it. The second attempt! I made thicker. 
I haven't done this before so by making 2 I can choose which one will do a pendant.
They were left to dry overnight.
The flower with the script stamped into it had curled a bit but I liked that one the best.


I sealed them with mod podge, then painted them.
I stamped the flower onto tissue using Pebeo paint. Painted on the reverse. Cut them out.
Stuck them to the clay flowers with mod Podge.
Once dry I didn't like them!! The flower was far too dark for me.


So I stamped and embossed 2 of  the flower stamp on to black card.
Painted them and cut the stem and small petal from one of the flowers and the large petals from the other flower.
Shaped. With 3D gel Stuck them over the top of the tissue flower.
Glued a bail on the reverse and threaded onto cord.

Materials used;
PaperArtsy - Fresco paint – Tango, Stamps - ELB22, Flower die.
Tonic Studios paper clay.
Pebeo Dyna paints.
Mod Podge.
Wow Silver Bells Embossing powder.

Challenge entered;