Sunday 8 November 2015

PaperArtsy Topic 20: Triptychs


I really enjoyed drawing the face for the last challenge so for this one I wanted to try and draw a big eye!
The inspiration came from watching the video made for this challenge link..
I practised on some copier paper first. Once I was satisfied with the design I needed to prepare a background.
For this I wanted it to be part of the design but not take the eye away from the focal point, in this case it is the eye!



I used some card already with some of the background painted so I added some drips.
Once dry using paint I added the stamping around the edge.
Pencilled the eye so that I knew where to stamp the flower, it is supposed to show the reflection from the flower border, I hope!
Painted the white of the eye.
With a sharpie pen drew over the pencil and filled in the pupil but the pen started to run out! Only used it a few times! So used a Promarker to finish. Went over the black with Zig pen for glitter effect.
Used some paint and Zig pens to add colour to the eyelid and iris. Using water to blend the colours.


Once happy with the design I cut it into 3, mounted it on card.
When I looked at the finished design the eye didn't seem to match up so had to tweak the black lines so it looked aesthetically pleasing to the eye!
Stamped saying onto scrap bit of card, cut and edged with blue pen. Arranged on design with 3D form pads.


Materials used;
PaperArtsy- paints- Tango, Orchid, Beach Hut. Stamps- JOFY24, ELB22.
Indigoblu paint- Pantry White.
Cosmic Shimmer paint- Teal.
Decoart- Glamour Dust paint- Neon Pink.
Zig Wink A Stella- Black, Purple, White.
Promarker- Black.


Challenge entered;

2 comments:

  1. Wow, its stunning. Love the flower as the hightlight in the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great entry for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete