I wanted to decorate a plastic tin I'd had in my stash for a few years!! Yes it's took me this long to decorate it. I found it when I moved house last year. It's surprising what lurks at the back of cupboards!
I couldn’t decide how to decorate it so I looked at different blog challengers to get my brain into gear.
So I'm entering it into Imagination crafts - all that glitters, Cuddly Buddly - daisy, WOW - garden.
- Right down to business.
- I dusted off the tin and measured the size of card that I need to cover the majority of it.
- Cut a stencil out of thick card on my silhouette. The idea behind using the card instead of stencil material is that I want the stencil to fill in where the card shows through the design so that I can add colour and sparkle.
- Cut the stencil in half so that all of the Kraft was covered.
- Applied purple and green sparkle medium.
- Whilst the stencil was still wet from the sparkle medium i applied the embossing powders but when done I realised I had put the wrong colours on each section!!
- So take 2! Applied Versamark to stencils and made sure I put the correct embossing powder on each one. Once heat set the pink was ok but the green didn’t show up very much and looked too pink!
- So take 3! Applied Versamark again then powder but still too much pink showing through
- So take 4! I used regular green which gave a more pearlescent effect but I went with that.
- I stuck the stencils down with pva glue. Should have waited longer to do it cos some of the sparkle medium was still wet!! I don’t have the patience to wait which causes me more problems but I never learn! I'm sure there are many of you out there agreeing with me lol.
- I stippled sparkle medium to the parts of the tin which wouldn’t be covered and also the lid.
- I made a daisy flower out of wire for the lid and applied viva decor silver paint in the middle, when dry a blob of liner.
- I then applied glamour liner as faux glittery pearls to the lid. I must confess I bought the liners in the sales for my great nephews to paint their own t-shirts but when they arrived I thought they were far too good for kids!! lol so in my crafting cupboard they went.
- I left the project over night before I stuck the sparkle fest to the tin.
- So as not to take away from the glittery fest I found in my stash some acetate butterflies so applied them randomly around the tin.
- I would have liked a butterfly on the lid but I thought it might get in the way of getting the lid off. So added a wire daisy, i made myself, instead. Adding 3D glitter paint and liner to the centre.
Voila an over the top decorated tin. Not really my style so felt totally out of my comfort zone but must say I really like it.
Cutting file - flower background lace.
Versamark ink pad.
Sparkle medium - silver, chartreuse, old rose.
WOW embossing powders - lime light, green regular, magenta twinkle.
Waco glamour liner - black, purple.
Viva decor - 3D glitter paint silver.
From my stash -