Saturday 14 May 2016

2016 Topic 9: Mono Printing - Petal Power











I will be totally honest I'm not a fan of the gelli plate! The project I have designed is using some Gelli prints I did a while ago and most of them seem to be orange! I craft on the dining room table which isn't ideal and the problem I found is I needed lots of space for paint, stencils and prints. I’m going to invest in one of the tiny Gelli plates and use it like a stamp. 
I got my inspiration from the challenge page. 
Firstly I painted over an old canvas. I liked how the previous design gave it texture. 
 
Gathered together a bundle of prints I had previously designed and picked out ones of similar colour 
Next I die cut the petals. It's a good job I took a photo of the prints before I started as when I applied pearlising medium the print became a little lost!. 
Used stamp to edge the petals and also a pen to define the edges. 
Arranged and stuck them on the canvas with 3D gel to give height and shadow. 
Added 3D glue and glitter for the centre of the flower. 

Materials used; 
Paperartsy stamps JOFY37 
Gelli plate, 
Various paint, 
Bigz die, 
Archival black ink, 
Nuvo drops, 
Distress stickles 

Challenge entered; 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous design! I have the same problem.. one needs space for the Gelli printing and then for the drying sheets and the stencils covered in wet paints etc... not easy on a dining room table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, it's such a pain not having the space. I got a rescue greyhound 7 months ago so I have even less space cos can't use the floor etc cos he loves to eat anything! Lol xx

      Delete