Thursday 12 October 2017

Monster Glitter





Firstly a big thank you to paperartsy for winning the last challenge. It took me ages to choose the stamps I wanted because I love them all!
I'm not a fan of loose glitter but if it's encapsulated in a glue or medium I am more likely to use it. I was surprised how much glitter I have and to choose which ones to use was difficult.
My inspiration for this project was mentioned in the introduction post using WOW embossing powder, link to video here
Also Chris Cresswell gave me the idea to use my Zinski monsters.
And Dounia i have the same problem with glitter! Blog post.

Girly Glitter Monster
The background is infusions spritzed with water. When thoroughly dry i applied matte medium and sprinkled glitter all over.
Stamped the monsters on white card and applied WOW embossing powder.
I coloured in the body, feet and eyelids with sparkle pens, cut them out.
Stamped on top of the glitter background with oxides. I was aiming for a contrast of the matte with bling but the glitter shines through!
Using 3D gel I adhered the body, feet and eyes on top of the background image.
Glossy accents to eyes.
The ‘Little Monster’ sentiment i designed on my laptop.

Boy Glitter Monster
The background is acrylic paint sponged onto pearlescent card. I can't remember which paint it was as i did it awhile ago.
Sprinkled infusions onto white card, spritzed with water.
Stamped the monsters and embossed with WOW powder.
Using a clear sparkle pen coloured over the infusions to bling him up.
With my glue gun i dribbled glittery glue in a swirl onto my craft mat. When dry I stuck it to the background.
Stamped the monster and cloud on the background.
Using 3D gel I adhered the body, feet and eyes on top of the background image.
Glossy accents to eyes and pom pom on hat.

Both placed in a frame.

Materials used;
Paperartsy stamps ESA04
Distress Oxides - wilted violet, cracked pistachio
WOW embossing powder - sensational sage, persian indigo
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens
Glitter
Glossy accents
Hot glue

Challenge entered;
paperartsy.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment