Saturday, 28 October 2017

Pearly Picture



When i saw Helen's autumn leaves project I was intrigued by the pearlescent skins!
I thought I have to try this technique.
Firstly, using archival ink I stamped onto the craft mat (my stamp did slip a bit). Then  painted some old pearlescent paint over the ink trying not to smudge as i brushed. The paint was a little too thick, next time I will mix in a little gel medium so it's easier to brush over the ink images. I left them to dry overnight, then I carefully peeled them off the mat and to my surprise it worked! They are very fragile and will stick to each other. If like me I just popped them on my craft table and the next time I looked at them they were all stuck together! Probably happened when putting things on my craft table this has caused a breeze making them fly across the surface of the table!

This project evolved. I didn't have a plan i just went with the flow.
For the background, i covered card with Pewter Fresco paint and whilst still wet I sprinkled infusions.
When dry I placed the skins in various places.
Then using Pearlescent ink and Pearlescent paint randomly stamped images.
The skins just looked ‘plonked on’ so i applied a couple of thick layers of gloss medium to try and bring the background together.
On another piece of card I sprayed the starbursts then stamped and cut out the flowers.
The cogs and frame I coloured by mopping up starbursts that had not hit the background.
Then I stamped the flower head on a small piece of acetate with paint and ink and stuck it to the frame.
Arranged and adhered the flowers, cogs and frame.
Finally applied the crystal drops. I really like how the drops have sunk on the cog, a happy accident!

Materials used;
Paperartsy Stamps-EKC07,ETS02. Infusions-Blackcurrant. Fresco Paint-Pewter
Lindy’s Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays-Icicle Creek set
Brilliance Ink-Starlite Black
Tonic Studios Nuvo Drops-Gold, Purple
Stamperia mould
Pearlescent paint
Gloss medium

Challenge entered;