Firstly I prepared some cotton material with Terial Magic which stiffens the fabric to a paper/light card texture. I have used it in my printer with fantastic results but for this project I wanted to stamp and sew.
Then I cut the fabric a little bigger than 2 portrait ATC’s so when finished they would flow together.
Stamped the flowers and butterflies. I chose these flowers because I planned to do French knots where the dots are on the flower head but I couldn't find any embroidery thread! I tried with Guttaman sewing cotton but all it did was either ended up a tangled mess of cotton or disappeared back through the material!
Chain stitch was successful for the stems and a satin stitch for the flower heads.
I really enjoyed sewing again which is something I haven't done for years. I used to make a lot of my clothes, hats and home decor.
So instead of French knots I used 3D glue for the dots then sprinkled glitter over the it whilst still wet.
Once dry I coloured in the butterflies with sparkle pens.
Then splattered white paint all over both designs.
Cut them to size.
Applied to black card with gloss medium and also over all of the ATC's to protect the design. It was then that the glitter migrated over all of the design but lookly didn't spoil it.
I'm really chuffed with the results and has awakened my love for sewing.
Inspired by Keren Baker's post.
PaperArtsy stamps EKC06
Tonic Nuvo ink pad - green