My inspiration came from Doda (heres her blog) who is with the Tonic Studios design team. She uses shrink plastic with the Tonic dies.
· I used the From Me to You Topper Die Inner Set It has the pansy flower shape.
· I cut 2 shapes with opaque shrink plastic.
· Stamped designs using the new.
· Added orange to the edges of 1 of the flowers and dots. Because I was using the dull side of the plastic the dots spread which I didn't realise this would happen but it looked ok.
· Punched a hole in the blue and orange flower with a paper punch.
· Flattened 1 of them with an acrylic block and shaped the other 1 by putting on a wade of kitchen towel and using the handle of my poky tool to shape. These are the only things I had to hand but you can use anything as long as it can withstand heat.
· The glitter didn't show up on the shiny side so quickly re-heated and moulded the other way.
· Added cord and ribbon.
· With the grey swirl flower I added crystal drops and a little bit of glitter to the centre.
· Glued a pendant bail to the back and snake chain.
Paper flowers using the die.
I cut a few flowers so I had plenty to play around with.
· Firstly Cut a petal out (a V shape to the centre of the flower) and glue the next petals together to form dimension.
· Secondly I cut 2 petals out and glued the next petals together.
· With the pieces left over I formed more petals.
· Shaped and glued together.
· I cut into the petals more so they were easier to mould and shape.
· Glued together.
· Added glue to the edges of the petals and sprinkled with glitter. I used a thin card to do these but it would have been easier to mould them if it had been paper.
Tonic Studios-From Me to You Topper Die Inner Set
Crafters Companion-Texture stamps
Wink of Stella-orange.