Monday, 30 June 2014

Tag - Summer Days


The background is made using my 6x6 Gelli plate. When I got my Gelli I had to try it straight away. I went to their website to look at videos. Tried it myself but they didn’t come out like any techniques they showed!!!!!!! I'm going to write a post about my experience with the Gelli.
·         I did this background on copier paper! Cut to the shape of a tag and backed onto cardboard.
·         Stamped images.
·         Applied embossing powder.
When I heated the embossing powder the glue that was sticking the paper to the card melted and warped the tag, grrrrr!!! I never learn. It took ages for me to get it flat'ish again, i heated it and flattened it with my hand many times, it wasn’t going to beat me.
·         Stamped the butterflies and dragonflies.
·         Tied ribbon. I used a lighter to crinkle the edges to make it look different. I surprised myself there wasn’t a fire; I'm a little accident prone!
Not a big description on 'how to' but I think the techniques are very effective.

Materials used;
Crafty Individuals stamp CI-207
Gelli plate
Versamark
Distress ink - picked raspberry
Stampendous embossing tinsel - vintage mahogany
From my stash;
Embossing folder
Paper
Card
Acrylic paint
Ribbon

Challenge entered;