Tuesday 24 June 2014

Ozzie Owl


I've had the owl a while in my stash so when I saw the challenge for PanPastels and that's crafty I thought I would decorate my owl. I had been tempted to do him blue and white after my beloved footy team but those colours wouldn’t suit my home decor. So in honour of my fave team I've called him Ozzie owl!! Lol he's now perched above the table which is much more than I can say for the league table the footy team are in.
·         Firstly I drew around Ozzie onto the back of the card, cut him out and sanded the edges to take on a distressed look and also it neatens the edges of my cutting.
·         I applied Versamark to the eyes, beak and chest.
·         Using a soft brush applied the PanPastels. I did spray with hairspray when I had done them and I managed to get finger prints on it so then I remembered the hairspray!!!! I do it all the time and then wonder why my work is smudged!!!! Lol
·         I used the scallop stencil as i thought it looked more like feathers so then applied the gel with some PanPastel mixed in it. I'm a little disappointed that the metallic of the PanPastel didn’t shine through the gel when it had dried but I was still happy at the result.
·         I glued everything in its place. I felt the branch needed some decorating so in my stash i found some paper flowers and leaves.
·         Then added glitter glue to the flower centres and eyes.

Materials used
MDF owl from Anna Marie Designs
Co-ordinations cardstock
PanPastels - metallic's
Maimeri - modelling paste
Stencil cut on silhouette cameo
From my stash
Paper flowers, leaves, glitter glue, twine


Challenges entered;

1 comment:

  1. This s just gorgeous,thanks for sharing with us at PanPastel.xxx

    ReplyDelete