Wednesday, 18 June 2014

Monochromatic Tag

I love love love the vibrant colours of the Dylusions sprays so I wanted to make something really bright and cheerful.
  • I sprayed the ink onto some watercolour card. Then cut out a tag shape. What I've decided to do is a few different tags for different challenges and then use them to make a card when I need one or I might even display them in my home.
  • I love poppies and also my great nieces' middle name is Poppy so any excuse to use poppies in my designs suits me down to the ground. But I think this tag is a little too old for her at the moment, she is only 6 months old! Lol.
  • I stamped the poppies onto smooth card, embossed, cut them out and coloured them with distress inks and marker. Also I edged them with the green marker.
  • Stamped the saying and edged with the marker
  • I placed them on the tag but they looked a little lost and didn’t stand out so I sprayed a couple of pages from an old book and stuck the poppies and saying to them.
  • Carefully I tore around them and also edged them with the green.
  • I placed them on the tag and liked them much better.
  • Using the fine nib end of the marker I drew along the edge of the tag. I had seen this done on a card on Pinterest and thought it looked really effective.
  • Stuck them to the tag but I thought something was missing so added the ribbon to the bottom of the tag and also through the hole.

I can't make up my mind whether to put any more embellishments on it or not. For the moment I'm going to leave it as it is but when I put it on a card I can then add something to correspond with person who is receiving it.

Materials used
Dylusions spray - bubblegum pink, fresh lime
Distress ink - picked raspberry
Distress marker - crushed olive.
Wow embossing powder - ultra shimmer

From my stash -
Watercolour card, pva glue, pink organza ribbon, old reading book


Challenge entered;